SaaS Software Engineer (Remote)
Who we are:
- Sustain.Life is a high-energy, early-stage, VC-backed Climate Tech start-up. We focus on providing ESG solutions to our customers to support their ambitions in addressing the most challenging questions of our time. Our sustainability platform specializes in B2B solutions for corporate sustainability efforts, offering innovative technology solutions and industry experience to support business targets, personal goals and a vision of a sustainable future for everybody on the planet.
- We are on a mission to create best-in-class software that changes the world, and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us and help us grow. We are building a team that will help our users launch sustainability programs, benchmark their ESG performance, measure carbon emissions, set meaningful goals, execute reduction strategies, and ultimately share their progress with key stakeholders.
- We are a Certified B Corporation which is a private certification of for-profit companies that have met high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency, and we were Pitch Finalists in the 2022 SXSW Social and Culture category.
- We are a fully remote workforce collaborating across the US, UK, Ireland, Australia and a growing list of other countries. We have an incredible team of world-class experts, designers and technologists developing our platform, and at Sustain.Life, we take our mission seriously. In 2022, our entire carbon footprint was 522.78 MT CO2e, which we offset through high-quality verified projects.
We have an opening for a SaaS Software Engineer to join our growing Application Engineering team. Sustain.Life's cloud-native SaaS platform is designed to appeal to engineers and designers alike. The cornerstone of our engineering culture is a collaborative mix of engineering and product design, allowing us to build useful and beautiful user experiences. Our technology stack is Typescript, React, GraphQL, Snowflake and Kubernetes on a Microsoft Azure-based, cloud-native architecture. This architecture uses a distributed message-orientated, microservice design to respond to our customers and new challenges.
An ideal candidate will have a strong sense of teamwork, curiosity and responsibility. We are looking for someone preferably with experience in cloud-based architecture, customer focus, and who has a passion for change. You will be building and delivering software that will have a real impact on our planet's future.
In this role, your core responsibilities will include:
- Executing independently on delivering full-stack product features that have a heavy focus on backend engineering.
- Collaborating across engineering, product, design and the business to drive quality and thoughtful solutions.
- Helping to drive excellence in technical design.
- Helping to drive operational excellence.
- Contributing to coding standards and ongoing code quality standards.
- Participating in the production on-call support rotation.
- Helping to facilitate growth across the broader Engineering department.
Who you are:
- 3+ years' experience in a Production Engineering environment.
- Experience in cloud-native architectures.
- Exposure to SaaS product-engineering development.
- A strong communicator, capable of collaborative teamwork in a remote working environment.
- A successful track record in software project completion.
- Experience in GraphQL, React and Typescript is preferable.
- Experience in Event Sourcing is desirable.
Bonus - experience we'd love to see:
- Startup experience. You’ve helped build new businesses from the ground up.
- A passion for sustainability - you care about climate change and want to be part of the solution.
- An interest in the potential of Generative AI.
We offer a competitive total compensation package that also includes an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and retirement benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Region-specific health benefits
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Region-specific retirement benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous parental leave policy
- Annual Learning & Development and Sustainable Goods Purchase Stipends
Interested? Great - we'd love to talk to you! Please apply directly to the role on our website https://boards.greenhouse.io/sustainlife.
If you don’t check every box, don’t let that stop you. We prioritize talent, passion, and drive over what looks good on paper. If you’re on the fence, we encourage you to hit the apply button and highlight what draws you to Sustain.Life. Sustain.Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.